Did a little tinkering on the EVO project this weekend. I ordered the rear sprocket, brake rotor, and rear brake caliper last weekend and all of them were delivered late last week. I had everything to get the rear wheel mocked up, so that is what I did…
Mounted the rear final drive sprocket to the rear wheel. This uses 3/8″ x 16 x1 1/2″ socket cap screws. Pretty simple, nothing to see here, just a good looking sprocket mounted on a wheel 🙂
The brake rotor is mounted to the wheel using 5/16″ x 18 x 1″ socket cap screws.
Here is what it looks like all set up.
The axle and rear sprocket are not tightened down yet as I may need to take all of it apart to add a spacer to the hub for the rear sprocket to line up the final chain drive.
With the wheel spaced and centered I can work on getting the rear fender on. I should have the gas set up for the welder by next weekend, will be practicing a little more, and then welding on the tank mounts. After that I’ll be able to get the motor, transmission, and oil tank in to make sure everything fits.