A few weeks ago I started a new gig and have been traveling a fair bit during the week. I have not had as much time to work on the Sportster project but still tinkering and making progress. Have taken a ride in the neighborhood, but not out on the road yet… that will be coming soon.
Was having some trouble with keeping her running at idle.
I went through the carb again and replaced the pilot jet. The current set up is:
Pilot jet = 45
Main jet = 185
Not sure if I have things quite right yet, but she does run without having to have the choke wide open.
I went to the DMV a couple days ago to pick up plates for the Sporty. The place was packed and I couldn’t wait all day, so I’ll try again another day. (I hate going to the DMV).
Bayside Harley Davidson in Portsmouth is having a swap meet on June 24. I plan on setting up there to try to get rid of some of the parts and such I have accumulated with this project (and others in the past). Lots of Softail and Sportster stuff. I am sure I have some stuff that could be useful to someone working on a project.
Keep on keeping on…